Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, August 31, 2015

I love the mission so much it's ridiculous!


So apparently the world around us has been on fire causing Medicine Hat to be really smoky. The sun is just a red ball in the sky. You can look directly at it because of the smoke. We have been sleeping out on our balcony lately too. The other day I woke up and my throat was destroyed because of the smoke. However this morning, the skies are blue and beautiful. We could see some stars last night too. It was sweet. The Smoke Has Cleared! Blue Skies Ahead! But this week was a good one regardless.

We taught a man for the first time. He has tons of spiritual experiences throughout his life and he has recognized the adversary working hard at him in his life. But he is strong and a great guy. We taught him the first lesson and he agreed that if he came to know it was true, he would be baptized. It was sweet! He's gold. We also found a guy who we started teaching who is interesting.

So we tracted into him and set up a return appointment. He gave us a book called The Great Waves of Change. When we went back and started talking. It became clear that he was 100% convinced that aliens were on the earth right now. It was... different. Hahahaha he is loco! But it was sweet. He actually accepted a lot of our message and believed it. But I don't think it's to hard to convince him of things. He seems pretty accepting of a lot of stuff. hahahah Every day's a new day out here.

Other than that, not much else is new. This is such a sweet area though. And my comp Elder Gonzales is so sick. This transfer will probably be my favorite transfer. I pray we do 2 together. I would kill him then haha. Then I would die the next transfer. It's insane how long I've been out. I'm getting nervous for the end. I feel like a transfer is coming and I am going to leave. But It will be a permanent one. It's pretty sketch. I love the mission so much it's ridiculous! I want it to never end. But what goes up must come down. I hope you are all doing swell back home. I pray for you every night. And I feel your prayers every day! Thank you! Take care!!!

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment