Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, December 8, 2014

This is the best time of the year to share your beliefs!




Well I got moved into the Woodbine ward! Which I already covered before while in the Mandarin program, but now I get to focus completely on the ward. I'm so pumped! My companion is Elder Olsen. He is from Riverton Utah. He is so sick! I'm stoked! The members are sweet too! We had the ward Christmas party this past Friday and it was so much fun. They did a Book of Mormon theme for it. They did a play and everything. And we got Mexican food which is always a good thing. This ward is sweet. It was really sad to see Elder Hancey leave. He was awesome! I think he was really sad too but excited to see his family. Especially with Christmas coming up. I hate killing missionaries haha. It's so trunky! I would be ok not having to do it again haha!

Well the only investigator I have met with so far is Guy (pronounced Gee with the g sounding like it does in guy). He is sweet. He is from Quebec. Really strong accent. We stopped by to meet with him and he was building a small stage/stand. It looked like something A kid would have built, except really sturdy. Kinda like he didn't know what he was doing, but just went for it. It turned out ok. We used it for the Christmas program. Samuel the Lamanite stood on it for his wall. Anyway, Guy said he is a carpenter, then he stopped and said, "Like Jesus! See we have that in common!" Hahahahaha so funny!

The only other people I have met with who we are working with are the recent converts the Pollards. I'm sure you will be hearing a lot about them this transfer and for transfers to come. Lets just say, hilarious Like you can't believe. I'll get pics and send them and tell you all about them. I'm sure I will have a story a week. The story for this week is that I ate dinner with a bird on my shoulder the whole time. While the bird tried to make a nest inside by body by eating away my flesh until he could make a hole big enough to fit in! hahahaha oh man the stories to come!

Well there's not much else to tell you. Other than it's warmed up to around 0 degrees and that's been nice. It's supposed to be around 11 this Wednesday so I'm pumped for that. We'll probably break out the short sleeves without a sweater! I hope it's still nice and warm back home. I'm sure it is! Well I love you all and pray for you always! take care. And remember, this is the best time of the year to share your beliefs! #HeistheGift

Love you!

Elder Anderson

You can watch "He is the Gift" here:


No comments:

Post a Comment