Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, December 1, 2014

I truly do feel joy when I bring someone closer to Christ!


Well, I'm getting transferred. I will be staying in Calgary. I have been serving in the Mandarin program, but as secondary, we have been helping out in the Woodbine and Evergreen wards (the other wards in the district). I have a feeling I will be going to the Woodbine ward as one of the Elders is getting transferred as well. I don't know but that would be cool. 

It has been a blast serving in the Mandarin program. It is a totally different experience. It is bittersweet to go. I will really miss all the people I have met and the fun we have, however it will be nice to get back to a normal area where I can contribute more. I am grateful for the opportunity none the less. 

The spiritual story I have for you this week comes from a lesson we had last night. We met with our investigator Elaine we just picked up and talked about the Plan of Salvation. She liked everything we said and was taking it all in. Afterward her fellowship brought up that she wanted a blessing so Elder Hancey gave her a blessing of comfort. The spirit was so strong! It was incredible! Elaine said she could feel God's love for her and could picture Jesus Christ smiling at her. After the blessing, the Word of Wisdom was brought up. She said she drinks a cup of coffee every day. When we told her what the Word of Wisdom was, she said she will swear off coffee after she is done with the bag she just bought. Then she said that maybe she will just give it away! Then she will quit! It was incredible! I have never seen so much faith in an investigator before! I thought of the John Tanner story where he gives up his huge bag of coffee! Hahaha man she is golden!!! 

Anyway, that's my spiritual story for the week. I truly do feel joy when I bring someone closer to Christ! The joy fills my soul! I know that this is the true Church. It has blessed my life so much. I can't imagine where I would be if I didn't have the gospel. How great is our God! I know he loves me and loves each and every one of you. There is nothing that we can do to escape that love. Nothing! That thought alone gives me hope and encouragement to push on. It is my prayer that you all feel this wonderful love of God! Stay safe and press on. 

Until next week...

Elder Anderson

"We were at a members house for dinner and they had a ton of birds and a bunny,
so naturally, I got a pic with them."



No comments:

Post a Comment