Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, December 15, 2014

The Lord is handing us work to do on a silver platter!

Elder Jake being spoiled by Sister Roma Ranger!

Well this was a pretty slow week. We couldn't meet with any of our investigators. Pretty rough. We of course saw the Pollards however! Oh what joy they bring in our lives! hahaha We went over and were in the living room when Matthew (32) comes down and says, "Mom! I was playing video games with dad but I put it on one player so he can play by himself and I can be with the missionaries!" Hahahahahaha Oh man what a great was to enter a room. The next five minutes was taken up giving him a hand shake. He really likes seeing how long you can last. Hahaha

No birds were involved with this visit, however the bunny was. I asked where it was and Crystal (29) went up stairs and got it. She gave me a blanket so I wouldn't get fur all over me and gave me the bunny. For whatever reason this bunny thought I was a mound of dirt and decided to dig it's little way to china. The bunny was going nuts! Holy cow it was out of control! I didn't know what to do! It would dig and dig and dig, then take a few minute rest, then go at it again! hahaha Oh man it's an adventure every time going over there! We are going over Christmas morning to have breakfast with them, I think. Good times. Can't wait!

Well I honestly don't have anything else to say. Like I said it was a slow week. Oh! I can share this. Last night we got a call from a lady in the West Stake. She said that this other lady showed up to church and asked if she could come inside. She sat next to the member lady and started saying how she was dropping her brother off at work, passed the church building, and was curious to see what it was all about. The member got her info and said she could have the missionaries where she lives contact her and teach her more about it. She was super happy. Well the member tells us all about this and gives us her info. It was too late to call that night so we had to wait until the morning. Well this morning before we got the chance, the lady calls us! She asks if we are the missionaries that cover the chapel on 24th! I couldn't believe it! I have never had a referral that I had been given contact us first! She wanted to meet with us and set up a time for Wednesday morning! We are so pumped! This was the coolest thing ever! What a miracle! The Lord is handing us work to do on a silver platter! That is the spiritual story of the week.

One other thing that happened was we got to see Meet the Mormons. It was really good! President Nicholas showed it to us. If you haven't seen it you definitely need to! It's really good! Anyway, hope all is well back home! Can't wait until Christmas! So pumped! I love you all and pray for you every night! I feel your prayers and am super grateful for them! They truly make a difference!

Take care!
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment