Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, November 23, 2015

I will follow Christ til the day I die.


I'm running out of ideas here to write about. This week was ok. It's been rough with the work here though. There is not a whole lot going on. We have been working our tails off trying to get it going but it's slower than molasses in a Canadian winter. AKA dead stop. But we haven't given up. #onwardchristiansoldiers

There is just a quick scripture that I want to share with you before I go. In John chapter 6, Christ preaches some difficult doctrine that some of the people don't really like or agree with. In verse 66 it says, "From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." Some of the people decided that they didn't want to follow Christ at that point. When He sees this he turns to his apostles and asks, "Will ye also go away?" 

Then Peter gives his response. "Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ,the Son of the living God." I love Peter's response. 

Sometimes there are difficult things to believe or follow in this gospel. Sometimes we are asked to go outside our comfort bubble and accept something out of the ordinary. When this happens, we must turn to our fundamental beliefs and hold on to what we know. Christ is the Son of the living God. He has the keys to unlock our eternal salvation. This I know. So if I follow Him where He leads me, then I will live with God again. 

Some things may be hard to accept at first, but if they come from Christ and his authorized ministers, then they are true. And we are asked to follow. I will follow Christ til the day I die. I know He is my Savior. I know that He loves me. And I know that I can live with God again because of Him. 

I hope you all have a great week and stay safe and warm. I'll be seeing you soon enough! Love you!!!

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment