Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, November 9, 2015

I shall Endure to the End.


I've seen Christmas lights already. Man this is scary. Time is flying. The days are really short it seems. There is just no time left! I don't like it one bit! Nevertheless, there is still work to be done. And it has been promised that I will be given time to accomplish all that I am called to do. So there is time yet. Now bear with me and I will tell you of the wrestle I had with God this week.

For the past week we have been working pretty hard to pick up the work in this area. And for the past week it seem as if we have been spinning our wheels. We fasted twice this past week for help. And nothing came from it. At least not the things we had in mind. We have been stopping by a ton of people trying to meet them and see if they are interested in us coming by and teaching them. No luck. We have prayed harder than ever for those we are working with. No change. It's been so tough. Probably the toughest week of my mission.

That being said, we have a stake wide 40 day fast coming up for missionary work. What we think is happening is the same thing that happened to Joseph Smith when he was praying in the grove of trees. A dark force came over him trying to stop him from praying. Right before his revelatory experience of seeing God and Jesus Christ, Satan worked hard on trying to stop him. Satan knew what was about to happen. And he didn't want it to. He went to all lengths to hedge up the way. 

We think the same thing is happening here. Satan knows that we are going to have a 40 day fast in Med Hat and he knows what that will do for the work here. He has attacked our faith and hopes of anything happening. We have been worried this past week as to what is going on but we are now understanding of the situation. We know that this is the work of the Lord. And we know that no matter how hard Satan may try to stop us, we will win in the end. 

Even if we have to cross through the most trivial times of our lives, we are confident in saying that there will be rest on the other side of our trials. There will be joy and success as we are faithful to the bitter end. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have been blessed with. If I didn't know that God existed, then I would have given up long ago. But I know that He has a plan for us. And all things are done in His wisdom. 

That is why the last point of the gospel of Jesus Christ is Endure to the End. Because that is what we have to do sometimes. Endure. Which means to make everlasting and omnipotent. Relentless and unstoppable. All powerful and unconquerable. I shall Endure to the End. I pray you all will too. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week. Remember God loves you!

Elder Anderson

A note from Pam:  Most of you know that Jake has Type 1 Diabetes, which means he really isn't supposed to fast.  To me, this shows that he really is doing everything he can to bring forth the blessings of heaven.  Before he left on his mission, I really worried about him fasting.  Now I know better than to worry, for I have seen God watch over him every step of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment