Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, September 14, 2015

"If it is to be, it is up to me."

Elder Jake and Elder Gonzales studying at the mission President's house when they went to Calgary for a conference and stayed there overnight

So this week Elder Martino of the Seventy visited the mission. He taught us how we need to work more with members. It was amazing. He is my favorite General Authority who has come to the mission so far. There is one thing he told us that I absolutely love. It's a ten word phrase and each word is only two letters so it's easy to remember. "If it is to be, it is up to me." I love it. 

When we are struggling in our relationship with other people, we have to stop and remind ourselves this. If this is to be, if my sister or brother, my mom or dad, my son or daughter, my friend or neighbor, have been placed in my life for a reason, then it is up to me to get along with them. It is up to me to help them in any way possible. I need to do what I can to strengthen our relationship. 

But the most important relationship of all, is the one we have with our Heavenly Father and Savior. They will never be the problem causing the relationship to not work. If we are to grow closer to Jesus Christ, if we are to feel and understand our Heavenly Father more deeply, then it is up to us. We must change what we are doing and who we are in order to fix that relationship. It is up to us to bring them into our lives. It is up to us to acknowledge that we need them, and that we are nothing without them. 

As we do our best to reach toward them, they will move closer than they ever have been before. Your fate depends on your willingness to work. It depends on your desire to do all you can to clean up your life and get it in order so that when you are reunited with your Father in Heaven, you will be ready to embrace him. You will be ready to enter into his kingdom. And you will feel worthy to dwell among God's greatest children. "If it is to be, it is up to me."

I know this gospel is true. And I know that we can feel our Father's love for us whenever we need it. We can receive strength from our Savior when we are weak. But it is up to us. Always press forward. Continually move toward our Savior. Rest is ahead. Refuge is awaiting you. And endless peace and joy will fill your should for all eternity, after all we can do.

Elder Anderson

Elder Jake and his BFF, a pound of bacon!

Jake said we have to try these, they are his new obsession.
Probably not diabetic friendly!  (Naughty missionary)

Driving from Medicine Hat to Lethbridge

Jake has learned so much on his mission, including how to knit, and apparently drive at the same time.  I pray this is just a joke and that he's not really multitasking!

Jake has learned how to knit ties.  Yes, ties.  I have no words.

I don't think you could search the world over and find a happier missionary!
Elder Jake is having the experience of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment