Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I would like to be able to bear a simple testimony or say a quick prayer in Chinese

Jake and Elder Faimalo - his previous companion in Lethbridge

Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness.If someone can riddle me that, I will be very impressed. You can't use the Internet!!!!!! I will give you a hint however, you must be a very good judge to figure it out.

Well we had a good week. We are still working with Daniel and Justin. They are doing great. Everything they should be doing. We told them to pray and ask God if baptism is something that is right for them. They are great and really prepared. I hope that they will be able to get a confirming answer that everything will be ok if they get baptized. Nevertheless, not my will be done. 

Lulu is doing great. We are planning on asking her to be baptized this week. She has already she will live the Word of Wisdom WHEN she is baptized. Haha she is great. Hopefully she feels as ready as we know she is! 

Brother Wang had a migraine so he couldn't read the scriptures but when he is feeling better he will get back into it. They planned on coming to church but the weather was bad so they didn't show. It was really cool. 

Woodbine ward had a bring a friend to church Sunday. There were a ton of non members there! It was great. Really good idea. They had sacrament then second hour was just a meet and greet social hour. They went in the Relief Society room and had snacks and talked. It was cool. 

I just got a Mandarin book that they give out in the MTC to help you learn the language. I will try to start learning a little bit. I would like to be able to bear a simple testimony or say a quick prayer in Chinese. That would be sweet. We'll see if I have the gift of tongues or not haha! 

Other than that, not much else is new. Another week gone. Another week closer to Christmas! I can't wait for that. My last Christmas in the mission haha! I hope you are all doing well back home! I miss you tons but love it here, in spite of the freezing cold! 

Take care until next week!

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment