Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Nothing is more strengthening than trials. I have a testimony of that.

This smile makes me happy happy happy!

Man this stinks. I just found out I am getting transferred. I hate to go. The area has been on fire for the past two or three weeks. We have found so many people to teach and Renee is getting baptized Saturday. I will probably miss it now. I am going to really miss it here. The people are amazing. Regardless, the Lord wants me south, so south I go. I don't know exactly where I am going but I will be leaving the Calgary area. I will find out tomorrow where I am going. I have to pack tonight haha. 

This week has been great though. We have found three new investigators this week alone. Renee is awesome. She is so prepared. She has been meeting with the missionaries for seven years now. She knows it all. We have seen miracles here like crazy. Through service we have been able to help people in more ways than I thought possible. We were able to take an area with absolutely nothing going on, and completely turn it around. The flood is what made that possible. 

We stopped by the United Church the Sunday before last and gave them some fliers for a fireside we will be having about anxiety and stress. This past Sunday the Reverend came to Sacrament meeting and spoke for a few quick minutes thanking us for all the help we were able to give them during the flood. He said there were over 20 Mormon Helping Hands volunteers in their church cleaning up afterward. It is amazing to see what this flood has done here. It has humbled the people and brought them closer together. Because of that, people have been so much more open to us. 

Angie, an investigator of ours was crying when we told her what it is we do and why we do what we do. We helped her move a gun safe upstairs and she asked about why we do that kind of stuff. We told her because we want to bring people the joy we have been able to feel from this gospel. We asked her if she wanted to hear a message about that from us. She broke down in tears and said yes. 

This flood was Alberta's worst natural disaster, and it has been one of the best blessings ever. When people are in need, they turn outward for help. We are able to provide that help. Nothing is more strengthening than trials. I have a testimony of that. I am excited to see what's in store for me in my new area. There is work to be done. It doesn't matter where you are. The Lord has a purpose for you. I will let you all know where I am next week. It's going to be great. Take care. 

With love,

Elder Anderson



Elder Jake with his High River District

Elder Anderson and Elder Stewart - Pyro Missionaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment