Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, March 16, 2015

I know Heavenly Father is waiting to answer our prayers.


Sorry but I don't have much time. This has been a great week this week though. Here's a quick one for you all. If you will remember the story of Alma the younger. He was described as the vilest of sinners. Well one day an angel comes to see him and call him to repentance. So that's exactly what he does. Well after he repents, he goes to serve a fourteen year mission for his church. In Alma chapter 5, he is bearing his testimony about how he came to know all he knows.

45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.


Alma sees an angel, but when he bears his testimony of how he came to know, he never mentions that he saw an angel. He talks about how he fasted and prayed many days in order to know. Laman and Lemuel saw an angel, but that didn't help them know the gospel was true. Sometimes we want a sign like the one Alma the younger got, or Laman and Lemuel. But what we don't know is that our testimony doesn't come from that. It comes from searching the scriptures and prayer. We can have the same testimony and conversion that Alma the younger had as soon and we want to. All we need is to ask our heavenly father. I know he is waiting to answer our prayers. But we must ask the questions we have. D&C 10:5. Pray always!

I hope you have a great week. I will talk to you all next week! Love you all!

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment