Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Saturday, October 25, 2014

I know there is a lot for me to learn here and that I am here for a reason



我是安长老
Translation: I am Elder Anderson!

I can even say it! I am serving in a zebra companionship. that means my companion is a Mandarin speaking elder. We cover two stakes, the South and Foothills. That means that High River is in our area too! I'm stoked to stop by and visit sometime. 

It is crazy going from Lethbridge to Calgary. It's a lot bigger and busier here. There are nine Mandarin speaking Elders in the mission and they are all in Calgary. North/Airdry, South/Foothills, East, West, and Downtown. I make the tenth Mandarin. It is almost like being part of a separate mission. It is cool.

They get together for meetings and what not. They kind of run their own show. It's as if we are our own zone. They are sweet too. They accepted me as one of their own. I had to do an initiation first. Just eat a Thai pepper that was super hot but after that, I was Mandarin! I even get to have my own Mandarin name tag! I'm stoked for that.

There is a good amount of work going on here. The Chinese people are so cool. They are super nice and humble. I don't help a lot during lessons, but occasionally I get to share a story or testimony here and there if they speak a little English. We are teaching this lady Lulu. She is sweet. Super nice. She is really interested and is doing great. I got to help teach her a little about tithing. It was awesome. It is sweet sitting back and listening to them speak Mandarin. It's a totally different experience. I love it!

Although I really miss this Lethbridge and Roma, I really like this area and am happy to be here. I'm super glad I get to serve with the Mandarin missionaries and see the mission life from this perspective. I know there is a lot for me to learn here and that I am here for a reason. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me in this area. I can already tell it's going to be great. Other than that not much else is new. I hope all is well back home.

I love you all! 下周见 (See you next week)

爱,
长老安
( Love, Elder Anderson)

No comments:

Post a Comment