Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, August 25, 2014

I was called here because God knew that this is the area I would be needed most.

Elder Jake and his mission zone at the Cardston Temple

Well this week was ok I guess. I got to go to the Cardston Temple. Formerly known as the Alberta Temple. It was super cool. The rooms were beautiful. It is a sweet temple. I like it better than the Calgary temple and of course nothing compares to the San Diego temple. We got to hear from the temple president too. We spent six hours in the temple that day then had a meeting that was an hour and a half after that. Needless to say I may or may not have fallen asleep during certain parts. It's all good though. I got the gist of it.

School starts next week so things should pick up for us. Well so far the mission has contacted 53000 people out of 1000000 people they are supposed to contact. So right on schedule!!!! It is brutal. It rained a lot this past week. We got completely soaked. From head to toe. And toe to head. We would have driven around in the rain instead of walked but we don't have enough clicks on our car. The sacrifices I make are incredible haha. It's fun doing that kind of stuff though. It makes for good stories.

The mission is a lot of fun. You just have to learn to laugh at the small things. Like walking in the rain. Or when someone rejects you hard core. It's always fun if you can just enjoy it. Make a joke of things. It doesn't matter how successful you are or how many people you teach or baptize or anything like that. All that matters is that you are giving God 100%. If you are doing that, then you are fulfilling your purpose. No matter what it seems like, you are doing exactly what God wants you to do. It may not seem like there is much progress going on or there is much work getting done, but God would not send me here to just waste my time as well as His. I know that I am always fulfilling his will. Whether that's planting seeds, or actually seeing the fruits of your labor.

I was called here because God knew that this is the area I would be needed most. This is the area where I could do the most good. With that in mind, you cannot fail. That goes for everyone too. Not just those on missions. You are where God needs you to be. Your calling is because God needs you to have that calling. Your friends, family, co-workers, and the people you meet are people that God has placed in your path for a reason. Everything we are given here, good or bad, easy or hard, is for our personal and spiritual growth. We are here simply to learn. If we don't learn, we are not progressing and becoming what God wants us to be. We are not living up to our full potential.

I am so grateful to be on a mission and to be a part of the work. What an amazing experience it has been. I know that I have grown and learned so much. And there is still tons more to learn. I hope you all can see where you are headed. I hope and pray that you are doing what God has created you to do. I love you all and pray for your well-being.

Stay save and love one another.

Elder Anderson

From Elder Jake's mom - I asked Jake what advice, as a missionary, he would give to my Seminary class. This is what he said:

Man that's tough. Well you have to know it in order to teach it. So that's pretty important. Probably also learn to love everyone. No matter how they treat you. You will get rejections that are very rude and obnoxious. You will get companions that you can't stand. You will have investigators and less actives that are stubborn. Always love them. And not only that but show them you love them. Don't let your anger or frustration overcome you. Always be loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment