Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Monday, April 28, 2014

Man what a crazy week. I don't even know where to start.

Sorry, I know it's gross, but it looks so much better than it did last week! YAY!!!!

Man what a crazy week. I don't even know where to start. My eye honestly hasn't affected me at all. If it looked normal, it wouldn't be any different from my other eye because it doesn't hurt or bother me at all. If I blink really hard it feels sore but who blinks like that anyway? No one. So honestly, there is nothing wrong at this point.

It is really weird to have had something so crazy happen, then to have it be fine that evening. We went out and did some contacting that night. It was like it never happened. People found out about it really fast. People I have never met before knew about me. They would say, "Hey you're that missionary on Facebook!" (Jake is talking about Pam's Facebook account.) It's weird. 

The week has been pretty good other than that. We found four potential investigators yesterday tracting. That almost never happens. We only talked to five or six people too. We have two return appointments with them too. It's awesome. We are busy all week until Friday and Saturday. Then we usually tract. Because we have nothing left to do. They are the slowest days. 

I'm not sure what happened outside of the normal other than what I told you and what I'm sure you already know. We went to Waterton last Monday with a family in our ward. They are super awesome. It is beautiful there. We saw US soil. It was beautiful. We went snow shoeing. We saw some bear tracks on our hike too. That was sweet. The weather was great too. It was pretty warm. I was sweating like crazy. I wore a jacket but didn't need it. 

The weather is stupid here in Lethbridge.  (This is Pam, and I just want to make a disclaimer that as a mom I never allowed my kids to say s-t-u-p-i-d!  I taught them that was a bad word.  Looks like I've lost control of this missionary!)  It will be warm one day, super windy the next day gusting to 100 clicks an hour, (what are clicks?  I have no idea!)  then snowing the next day only to be warm and sunny the next. People say that it can get hot during the summer but I'm not sure summer exists in Canada. The funny thing is that supposedly Lethbridge is the warmest city in Alberta. That is terrible. Canadian weather is stupid.  (Yikes, there's that word again!) 

(This is Pam sharing a joke I heard:  Canada only has two seasons, winter and July!  Not exactly like the San Diego weather Elder Jake is used to!)  

Well, I'm not sure what else to talk about. It was a pretty normal week. Nothing else super exciting happened. I'm sure you expected an extra long email but I don't have anything else. At least nothing I remember. I probably have memory loss. I don't know what from though. It's not like I hit my head or anything. Weird.  (This silliness makes me happy happy happy!!!  This is the Jake we all know and love!)

Well hope all is well back home. I love you all. Take better care of yourselves than I did of me. Talk to you next week.



Waterton National Park

Elder Jake Snowshoeing 

Elder Becker Snowshoeing

WOW!  Lot's of snow.  Elder Jake's not in San Diego anymore!

That snowy mountain is in the United States!

Bear paw print!  Looks like more sleepless nights for Pam!  : )


1 comment:

  1. I'm happy now that I know Jake is happy, and well, and testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    X0X0 Grandma Neecie





    ReplyDelete