Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed.

Hello!

Man this has been a little bit longer week. Sorry I forgot to tell you that it is transfers tomorrow so our P-day is today not yesterday. I meant to mention that last week but forgot. But I'm still alive. Haven't frozen yet. Came pretty close a few times though. Not much has changed really. Except I now am a legit cowboy. I found some cowboy boots at a salvage center here for 5 bucks and bought a cowboy hat to go along with it. I also have a belt buckle that is pretty sweet. It has the American flag on it. I miss America. What a country. 

The service here has slowed down a little bit. We are still keeping busy but it's not as crazy. Our investigator Ty never meets with us anymore. We text him and he says he will meet with us or go to church but he is always able to find excuses. We will keep trying anyway. 

OH! We found a Foosball table in Brother Baker's basement. We have been playing that a little. It's so much fun. We will play a few games before bed or something like that. Stewart owes me a Slurpee and I owe him a soda haha. Brother Baker also has a bowflex in his basement so we have been using that to work out. I hate the bowflex... So much pain. 

Well that's about it. Not much has happened as I said. If there is one thing I want you all to know it is Joshua 1:9. That was our scripture for the year a couple years ago I think in young mens. Be strong and of good courage. Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. This is absolutely true. You have God on your side, how can you ever lose? You can't unless you give up. Don't give up. God will never give up on you, don't give up on Him. Just keep swimming :). (This is Pam.  I sent Jake an inspiring talk entitled "Enduring Well" by Elder J. Christopher Lansing that you can read here if you'd like.  In the article he talks about the movie Finding Nemo and how when things get tough, Dori says over and over, "Just keep swimming."  Now I sign all my emails and letters to Jake with those words, just keep swimming.  That's why Jake uses that quote here.)

I love you all and hope you are all doing well. Try not to miss me too much even though I know that's super hard. Cause I'm awesome and all. Not to mention my humility. Take care until next time.

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment