Elder Jake Anderson

Elder Jake Anderson

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Our Father in Heaven Loves Us Dearly


Hello all!

Man it has been crazy as always. We are being taught so much and teaching so much that I can't keep track of what I taught who. We do these things called role play. We pretend we are teaching investigators, but we are really teaching our teachers who are acting like an investigator from their mission. We will have six hours of class in a day, along with a few hours of personal study (which is basically class) then at least an hour of zone teaching (which is basically class). The information we are given is almost overwhelming. There is no time for anything else. Luckily today we have several hours of just doing whatever we want. We might start some fires and rebel a little. 

Yesterday we had something called In-Field training. That is where we go from classroom to classroom learning how to apply what we have learned about teaching. We learn how to work with the members of the church, how to find investigators, how to approach investigators, and stuff like that. The whole class is nine hours long. It was exhausting! Oh man we were tired for about the last three hours. And then after that we had some personal study, then zone teaching where we taught an investigator. After almost falling asleep the whole day, we got back to the room and had more energy than ever before. Sleep seemed crazy. We just hung out and shot each other with nerf guns. We also found a basketball hoop you can hang on the door in one of the vents in our room. We found that a week ago. We will probably break that out soon and do some dunk contests. 

We had a role play a couple days ago that was amazing. I was the investigator and Elder Lybe was the missionary. I didn't know who the person I was going to be was. Brother Crendall (my teacher with the brother going to Sierra Leone who has been reading off of Cody's blog) told us a little about an investigator from his mission. We had to become him. I prayed for the ability to feel and think what Rafa (the investigator) felt and thought. During the lesson I became this kid and was able to see exactly what he saw. When Elder Lybe was teaching, the spirit was so strong. His words were guided by it and spoke to Rafa deeply. He said exactly what needed to be said. What happened was that Rafa was about to be baptized when all of the sudden he decided he didn't want anything to do with the church. We found out that a week before his baptism he went to his mom with a Book of Mormon telling her he was going to be baptized and that he wanted her to read it. She told him he would be disowned if he made that choice. When Elder Lybe was teaching me, he talked about Nephi saying I will go and do the things the Lord commands. He talked about how the Lord will provide a way for us. That spoke deeply to me. It was exactly what Rafa needed to hear. I know that the Spirit is what does the true conversions. We only help the investigators recognize it and feel it. 

So I know you had a few questions. My companion Elder Pitts is from about twenty minutes away. He is from Cedar Hills Utah. I see Sister Howells here fairly often and say hi. Other than that I haven’t seen anyone else. The food is good but nowhere near as good as your food mom. Doesn't even come close. I am eating well though. My blood sugar is great. I have lows all the time, so I know it's under control. So you can see how I don't have the need to actually check my blood sugar. And obviously I am using my insulin all the time. I was able to rent a fridge for ten bucks and have it put in my room. All my roommates are using it haha. When I'm done with it, I can get my money back. As far as my flight, It's really early. Like I think maybe around 5 in the morning. Although all of the others from my district have it written as 2 in the morning. So I'm not sure what's going on with that. I'll have to check with the travel desk. 

The mission is great so far. We have already almost finished the trail mix. That is heavenly. The sun has been out the last few days. It's good to know it's still there. That's one thing I miss is the weather in SoCal. Although the cold hasn’t bothered me at all yet. Then again Calgary has been about twenty to thirty degrees colder compared to here so we'll see. 

Well I should wrap this up. I just want to finish by saying I know that we all have a purpose here on this earth. We all go through trials for a reason. Whether it's to help make us stronger, or to help humble us, they are always for a reason. Our Father in Heaven loves us dearly. And Jesus loves us too. He wouldn't have gone through what he went through if he didn't love us. Think about someone you love. Would you be willing to feel all the pain and suffering and sin they will feel in their life in order to save them? Jesus would. Except He did it for billions upon billions of his siblings. Don't you ever forget it. I don't want you to ever think that you are not loved by anyone. I love you all. But more importantly, your Father and eldest brother love you. More than you will ever know. More than you will ever be able to comprehend. If you ever feel alone. Pray. Talk to our Dad. He wants to hear from you. Then when you want to hear from him. Read the scriptures. He wants to talk to you. Always. He has blessings that he is dying to give you, but he can't unless we earn them. Be worthy of these blessings, for they will be tenfold what you deserve if you just seek Christ. Follow Him and you will have eternal live and eternal glory. It is worth it. I bear you these things and do so in the name of my Brother, Jesus Christ, Amen.

With lots of love


Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment